Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
Shout out to my sister CHRISTY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) I LOVE YOU!

Birthday at Costa Vida! Sister Algers got me way too much stuff, but I loved them all, especially the spinach!

Stephanie, Doll, me, Norton, Kerr, and Maddy

Maddy, Momma Alger, me and Stephanie

Me, Dolll, Kerr, Norton - all my roomies!!

Brithday cake!

We shouldn't have gone through the sprinklers, but oh it was fun!

Austin!

Temple trip

Sister Wilson

Jessica

YEY for today! today is p-day so we don't go out until 6 but because it's Halloween we can't teach because it's too dangerous so instead we are watching 17 Miracles!! I am SOOO excited! its fun to have a day off and really get to enjoy a holiday. We have been given way too much candy this week and the side effects are not in my favor!

Okay so Halloween + 4 wards = craziness!  all of our wards had "trunk or treats" so we were inviting people like crazy this week and all of our efforts paid off! we had lots of investigators, nonmembers, LA, and inactives there so it was definitely a success. Sat night we had 2 big parties at the same time so sister Doll and I had to go on splits. About a little over a month ago my friend, Jessica from school,  got my number from the assistants and called me to come on splits with us sometime.  because she wasn't in any of our wards we haven't been able to use her, so this was the perfect opportunity.   she came out from Gilbert and helped for the night and it was so much fun to see her :)  She is the first person from my previous life that i have seen while on my mission haha!  I'm grateful that she could even recognize me :)

Okay sooo Elder Wilson is AWESOME!! he trained us on how to better use preach my gospel and how to be the most effective as possible. THEN Sister Wilson and Sister Howes (mission president's wife) came out with sister Doll and I for 2 lessons. The first one was with Toni and it was soo great!  the lesson went really well with lots of powerful testimonies and then at the end Sister Doll was awesome and committed her to baptism for Nov 29! after that we headed over for a lesson with Annette and that is always great! Man do I feel blessed. We did have some sad news this week... Josh isn't going to be baptised this weekend anymore, but we did put him back on date for Nov 19 which is still okay. still sad but it's okay!

GUESS WHAT.... okay so in our mission we are all extended the challenge to memorize "The Family A Proclamation to the World" and I DID IT! Seriously when they extended that challenge I laughed! I stink at memorizing just a scripture... there was no way i was going to be able to memorize that huge thing! Well one day i realized that I was in the best place in my life to do it and that if i didn't do it now  i would never be able to do it, so I did. It took me a month probably,  but I did it and passed it off to President last night! Now i get a swiss army knife and a CTR necklace for a prize, but that doesn't even compare to the prize I have of just being able to say that i did it!  SOOO HAPPY!!!

Reading the Proclamation daily has really been a testimony builder to me! The family is ordained of God! The Family is central to the Creators plan for the eternal destiny of his children! The family is key to everything that we are, have, and do in this life. We are warned that at the end,  those who violate the covenants of chastity, abuse their spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibility, will one day stand accountable before God. In the world today we are taught the exact opposite.  What a blessing it is to have a modern-day prophet who leads and guides this church and is able to warn the nation about these things! Heavenly Father loves us all too much to not give us modern-day revelation that will help us today in a world that is creating new sin daily! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church here on the earth! I love this gospel! Without it I would be lost!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

love,
sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment