Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 7, 2011

HELLO HELLO!
mom! thanks so much for the package. i shared everything except the trail mix. that was the best combination ever. did you make it? I loved the fake cockroaches inside haha!

okay so I'm sorry that i keep asking you to send me things lately but it's COLD now! haha i know to the rest of the world 70s is not cold but I think the 115 degrees thinned my bold and I'm FREEZING! haha i could REALLY use my leggings that are solid brown, black, gray and navy.  i wish i could wear my patterned stockings but sadly they have exnayed those. also i would LOVE my boots. If you are coming out the week of thanksgiving could you just bring them and then i will give them back to you after winter so that i don't have to carry them around with me? oh and also my scarves and my old navy jacket! haha sorry that is such a big list but those things are very much needed and appreciated.

Halloween was WEIRD!  it was like a full day p-day. we emailed, shopped,  then cooked some of Oliver ( a cow that one of our recent converts slaughtered, then gave to us) and made spaghetti with.  then we all met as a zone and played basketball, scum, and watched 17 miracles.  that movie was okay to me.. not my favorite but it was still good.  it was cool to see a movie that i haven't seen before though.  Halloween was good but i def didn't feel like a missionary... by the end of the day i was ready to get back to work.

Okay so cool experience. so we taught Toni this week and when we were talking to her she really opened up about a lot of things and told sister Doll and I that she feels like she has known us for years...  it was the coolest ever because we did used to know each other. I can just picture all of us hanging out in the pre-mortal world as spirits together planning a time when we would meet up again on earth!  I feel like that with all of the people that we are teaching.  this Sunday was fast Sunday and  Anthony (one of our our recent converts) got up and bore his testimony and it was the best thing ever. It's so cool to be in an area for a while because I get to see people that I've taught progress in the gospel after baptism. Dennis just got a calling on Sunday to work in the primary, and Shea has a FHE calling.  Keith is soon to get the priesthood and the list goes on! Josh will be getting baptised on the 19th and that is just super exciting! We are on the hunt for new investigators,  but hopefully this week we will be able find some from  member referrals. we contacted a former investigator this week and taught her and it was awesome. we have another lesson with her on Tue so we are super pumped for that as well.

This week someone sent sister Doll this quote and it just makes me so happy!
" Many young women are serving missions. Many are preparing to serve not because they aren't married or have nothing else to do;  but because they have a desire to serve and therefore, are being called to the work. The reason so many are going is because in the next generation Heavenly Father will be sending His priesthood army to the earth and wants to send them to Mothers who have been properly trained and taught in the gospel. What better training can a young women have than that of serving a mission."
President Gordon B. Hinckley,  Dec 2000! AMAZING!!!!

I love everything about being a missionary! I have learned soooo much and have stretched as a person more then I ever thought was possible! I love this Gospel!

love,
sister martin

1 comment:

  1. I've been googling and trying to find the reference for that quote by president Hinckley - do you know where he said it at? Although I thought I remembered hearing it before I served my mission, so pre 1997, but my memory is starting to fail me so not sure if that memory is right. I have 4 sons, hope they will be mighty soldiers in God's priesthood army! And I served in Tempe Arizona too - Spanish Speaking, if you are in a Spanish branch, tell them Hermana Hibbert says hi (that was in the pre-facebook email days, so I don't have contact info on hardly anyone) :) tiffaniewride@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete