Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oct. 17, 2011


HELLO!
CHRISTY YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! seriously i love the pictures that mom posted and i cant believe how big your boys are!

Okay so my birthday was just great! I woke up and the first thing i did was tear open my presents :) Thank you so mucho! I just LOVE the odometer but i have no clue on how to hook it up but one of the elders told me that he could figure it out for me. The Algers (best family ever) took sister Doll, the spanish Hermanas that i live with, and me to Costa Vida and it was the best :) they even bought me 2 cartigans, a scarf and twistable which i really wanted and spinach! haha sister Alger is a hardcore couponer so she supplies me with lots of spinach so that i get as much iron in me as possible! Then later that night Jennifer duffany, a recent convert in the san tan ward fed us dinner and got a CAKE! yey it was a GREAT birthday!

mom i finally got you deseret package on sat and thankyou so much for that! thankyou so much Brian and kass for the zumba workout dvds. I can't use them quite yet because sister Howes has to look at them first but then its on!!!  YEY then throughout the week i recieved several more bday cards and WAY too much candy. thank goodness there are 4 sisters now that can help me eat it all.

Okay so this weekend was Austin's baptism and it was awesome! Austin's dad is inactive as well as the rest of his relatives, except one of his aunt and uncles, and because of them he found the church. the baptism was such a blessing for their family. the whole chapel was full of nonmembers and inactives and it was very powerful! Austin is a poineer for his famiy and his testimony is so strong. I feel so blessed for the opportunity that i had to teach him.

due to it being fall break, (all the schools are year- round here because its pointless to have a huge summer break when its too hot to do anything) EVERYONE was out of town. So this week was a struggle to find people to teach and to even meet with our investigators. We are seaching hard for new investigators and we are really putting a lot of effort into working with our ward memebers for refferals. Oyming, aka street contacting, is the least effective thing that we can do to find people that are prepared to hear the gospel. this next week everyone should be getting home and i am so happy for that.

sister Doll and I have probably too much fun together. She is just so awesome and i love her so much.
I am learning so much in this whole process and i just love it. Sadly, one of the sisters in the mission went home on friday and it was just the saddest thing ever. the mission is the best thing ever! yesterday marked the the 1 year from then that I will come home and i am not okay with that! time is moving way too fast!
the mormon blitz is awesome but we arent getting too many questions about it yet, but we will and miracle are about to happen!

I love you all so much !
love sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment