Monday, October 10, 2011

Oct. 10, 2011

                                sister white (grandma) me (mommy) sister doll (brand new baby)

                                                            sister white,  me,  sister doll

 ANTHONY'S BAPTISM


                                         do you see the NAIL in my tire that i ran over... not fun!


Keith's baptism

Well im a proud mother of Sister Doll! yes like a baby Doll :)  she is AWESOME!
She is from Oregon and we are the same age and she has actually been attending byui at the same time as me! She is an early childhood special ed teacher and so we have taken pretty much the same classes and have spent most of our time in the same building but we don't know each other!! weird huh! well she is just great! she is so willing to do anything and everything, and her "can do and will do attitude" is just the best. 

well she was super lucky because her first day on the mission she had a BAPTISM! and not just any baptism... Anthony's baptism and it was AWESOME! He is truly amazing and afterwards he came up to us and he was just smiling from ear to ear. He is just so grateful and is so excited. His confirmation was awesome and i know that he is about to do great things in his life.

Then on sat. Keith got baptized and that was just as awesome. Keith invited his mom to come and his recent convert brother was able to baptize him. Keith's faith and willingness to do everything possible in order to follow Christ is truly inspiring. I just love everything about being a missionary. Yesterday we got 2 really awesome referrals so hopefully i will have more updates on that next week. Yes Tue is my birthday and I'm excited! i cant believe that i am turning 22.... ughhhh oldy! But we are eating costa vida -  thanks to mom and dad - and then eating dinner at a Jennifer's house who is a recent convert so I'm really excited!

I JUST LOVE living with the Spanish sisters! So it's me, sister Doll and Hermana Norton and Kerr.  Sister Kerr is fresh out from the mtc too so we help each other train which is very helpful. I feel like i'm being trained too. I am learning so much and it's always good to go back to the basics.

Man life is just GOOD! sister Doll and I are pretty much laughing all day long, but when it comes to the work we're serious. This work is a joyful one and it brings me the most happiness that i have ever felt. What a blessing it is to be out here and to be trusted by the Lord to be able to help in His work and to help to prepare others to do it as well. I am just so blessed!

i love you all so very much
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment