Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 24, 2012

I love you Heather!


HELLO HELLO

Chelsey Evans... YOU'RE ENGAGED!!!! I knew that I'd be the last cat lady in the bunch! Congrats I love you so much. I need an invite! :)

This week was SOO great! We are getting more and more teaching opportunities as the weeks go by. May 2 is transfers and I'm stressing about it a little because I DO NOT want to split up from Sister Price. We work really well together and are finally figuring out things here, so change is not needed!

Okay, so Paco and Jaclyn: well I LOVE them! We met with them and taught the Plan of Salvation. We were a little nervous about telling them about the importance of getting married and keeping God's commandment by doing so, but it went very well. At the end we were really rushing for time, so we briefly covered getting married here while on the earth. At the end Paco said, "Wait, so we just need to go to the courthouse and then we can live together for eternity?... that doesn't make sense. Shouldn't we need to get married before God?" HOLY AMAZING! We told him that he was exactly right and then we briefed the temple, but sadly, we had to run off because we were late for the next lesson. Paco is sooo prepared, and Jaclyn understood too because it's not like all religions teach the need to get married before you live with each other. SOOO COOL!

We also had another awesome lesson with Phoenix -the 8 year old whose parents are Buddhist. I think I talked about him last week- but so we taught him again, and his parents took him to church and he LOVED it.

Sister Price and I had two awesome experiences this week where 2 different people living in separate homes told us they love it when we came over because their home always feels more peaceful! I love that because IT DOES! The spirit is so strong and so evident when you are talking about Christ, praying, and reading the scriptures and people who aren't used to having the Holy Ghost in their homes definitely notice it!

I just thought that was so awesome, especially because I figured they would say they don't like us coming over because we are so sweaty when we come! Yes... THE HEAT IS BACK! My tan lines are out of this world. Literally, when I get out of the shower I look like I'm still wearing a white suit! HAHA! It's horrible but I love it!

Helaman 15:6 "striving with unwearied diligence" Today I read this in my personal study and it just really struck me! This is exactly what we have to do at all times throughout our lives. I'm so grateful for the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon!

I love you all so much!
love sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment