Thursday, May 3, 2012

April 30, 2012

 HELLO transfer calls are in and the verdicts is.....
WERE STAYING TOGETHER! I am sooo excited because we work so well together and there is still so much to be done. Actually, everyone in our whole zone but one, is staying here which makes me SOO happy because we have the best zone ever right now and I was sad for the changes. My district and zone leaders are BOMB and we have so much fun together. We recently started a diet competition against our ZLs and we are going to kick their trash!  It's fun to have a good zone with people who actually talk to the Sisters... ughhh kinda annoying but I love all these elders and I'm with Elder Bitton again, who I'm related to if you remember.. his gma is Zena Van Ordon.


I got your package on Thursday mom and THANKYOU SOO MUCH! I love having more pictures and it was just so great to get a package!  I love you so much momma!


Last week was awesome! Sadly, we didn't meet with Paco or Jaclyn because that were both out of town,  but we will see them this week. So the night that we met them, we also met another couple, Rene and Carrie, and set up a time to meet with them. So we met them last week and go figure,  they are next door neighbors to Paco and Jaclyn and  are literally the EXACT same people! They aren't married, the male is more open and the gf is open but will def take more time. They are awesome, and tomorrow we will be teaching them about eternal marriage and the plan of salvation! haha it is weird,  but they both accepted a soft commit for baptism too, so we could have a double wedding and baptism!  :)

Phoenix -the 8 year old came to church again last Sun.. This week we left him with the "Finding Faith in Christ" dvd and as I sat by him in church I asked him about it and he said "What was wrong with that boy? You know the one that looked like a hurt bug..?" haha, "ohh the boy that had a seizure that Christ healed?" hahaha, I just love him. He just loves church and soaks everything in and just loves learning about the stories of Jesus Christ. His dad picked him up from church and actually came into the church building this time so that was pretty cool!


This week we also met a couple named Lili and Ooo who just recently moved here from China. Lili speaks pretty good english so we talked to her and invited her to church. We weren't sure how much they even got from the whole conversation but guess what,  they came to church! It was the craziest thing and it's awesome, because there is a guy in the ward that speaks Mandarin, so it's pretty perfect! Hopefully, we will begin to teach them soon.


Funny story of the week. We taught this guy named Rafael a few times, and for the past three weeks he was in mexico. We we saw him this week and he said he didn't want to meet with us anymore and then said, "but hey I was thinking about you two while I was in mexico and I got you both something." He then went inside while Sister Price and I looked at each other in confusion and disbelief.  He came back out with 2 keychainsfor us from Mexico! hahaha He got us parting gifts... it was quite funny and random.


It also RAINED one day last week. Not just a little... ALOT  and we werecaught in it and it was AWESOME! I love this work more then anything!!!!

Yeah, RAIN!

I love getting wet when it's so hot!

Ok,  it's pouring on Sister Price!



I love you,
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment