Friday, April 13, 2012

April 9, 2012

Sister Martin's one year mission birthday!

Easter Pageant at Mesa Temple with Sister Price

We couldn't stay away. Loved visiting the Mesa Temple!

Craig, Linda, Crystal, and Heather

Had to find the Cafe Rio in Gilbert!

Heather is mimicking Emily's former picture.

Hello!
Mom and Dad,  thank you so much for all of the wonderful treats that you sent Sister Price and I in the Easter basket! You are so awesome and all of it was really appreciated! Those peanut butter eggs are AWESOME and might already be gone... haha! I LOVE the calander that Christy made too!  I was so excited to get it, so now I have that one in my bedroom and the other one with inspiring quotes by my desk. Thanks so much for all that you do.

Weird that everyone is here in AZ for Easter, and that I'm not, but its good though. Easter has become one of my most favorite holidays and it is great to be able to celebrate it twice on my mission! I love you all sooo very much. Ohh and I love love love the stationary that you sent me:)!  The cloud one I kept because it was def. the cutest. Ask Heather if she will be still living in the same place next semester because I sent her a latter last Tue. and it will be in her mailbox when she gets home. Love you!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!
So this week was crammed full of small miacles! It's interesting when weeks are like this because when I look back and think about what heppened this week, it's easy to totally skip over all the small and simple things.  I feel like the Nephites in the Book of Mormon after they had already seen with their own eyes the signs of Christ's birth and slowly in time they forgot all the signs and wonders that they had seen. Remembering should be easy,  but it is definitely not. I'm always trying to remember names, dates, places, and most importantly, times in my life where I have had spiritual experiences; where I knew the Lord was leading and guiding me.

In Alma 37 it talks about how small and simple things are "great things brought to pass".  Missionary work is hard sometimes because each week we have to give our "stats",  meaning how many lessons and so on we've had. Well, before getting lessons there is usually a lot of work done first, aka, small and simple things that have to take place. This week was full of that. Days go by that we don't get any lessons, BUT the great thing is, Heavenly Father always gives us little miracles that help us to know He is mindful of us and that He cares. For example .... alot of times Sister Price and I will get done talking to someone or have an awesome conversation with someone and afterwards we look and each other with a huge smile and are just like "OHHH YA, they are Golden", (meaning their hearts are softened and ready to learn about the gospel and accept it) and then... nothing happens or comes of that amazing visit! This could be so discouraging OR it could be Heavenly Father just showing us His love everyday. His love for me is so evident and I am so grateful for that.

This week was a rough week, BUT just like they said at conference, we are just getting "more polished"! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and that without Him this life would be pointless.

I love you all so very much!!!
Love,

Sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment