Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012

I love my Norweigen girl!


Sad to leave!

I love Doug - one of my favorite people!

Queens of the Creek - I miss them already!

Marti and Dolli

Martin and Price! ROCKIN SKYLINE!!

A toast with Martinelies from Bonnie to start the transfer off right! I LOVE YOU BONNIE!

Hello Hello!!!
IM IN SKYLINE!!! Actually that is just the Zone's name, which is just a street,  but I've moved and now I cover another part of Gilbert and also Mesa and I LOVE IT! iI came into a brand new area that  started 6 weeks ago and it is a struggling area with zero progressing investigators BUT its awesome! The people here are SO nice and there is just tons of potential. I love being here and it is awesome to be with my new comp., Sister Price who is from Driggs, ID.  If Christa Strebel is reading this... She knows RAD hahaha small world! But she is awesome and I have no doubt in my mind that big things are about to happen in this area! This week we did a LOT of street contacting and got several return appointments that is cool.

I can't forget to mention that i wouldn't have been able to make this transition as smoothly if it was not for my TRANSFER SURVIVAL KIT, which was a gift from all the Algers! I love you all and miss you so much ! xoxoxx be sure to check out the pictures.

 One amazing blessing is Ginny!  Ginny lives right next door to a member and this member talked to us about Ginny the day I got here. She told us how her husband was super prepared but that the Ginny has a mother who isn't fond of the church at all and that was her big hold up. WELL,  the next day we were biking in that area and Ginny was outside :) soo of course we went up and talked to her and it ended up being an awesome 30 min conversation. The spirit is so cool because when people feel it they can't help but to be relaxed and just open up. A lot of the time I feel like we are are therapists!!!! but it was awesome and she completely opened up to us and pretty much bore her testimony to us. She told us that she knew that the Lord was preparing her for something. In the end we asked her if we could come back but she didn't have a good time yet. She took a Mormon.Org card with our phone number on it and looked at us dead in our eyes and said "thank you so much. I WILL call you"!
I know that she will. THEN the very next day were having dinner in the area and we saw her husband outside and rode up to him.  We stopped and he said "Hey , I know who you are!  My wife talked to me all night about you two last night!" He said that they dont have a time set up yet, but that they will soon :) It was crazy awesome. Miracles are happening !!

Its so weird because we only cover 3 wards in this area and in my other areas we covered 4 but I love it because it helps us to really focus on these 3. We've also met some very unique people in this area, which is always fun, and we cover homes and apartments, which is fun too. We met with this guy named Rafael, and he is very unique and awesome at the same time.

Sister Price and I teach really well together which is fun... no awkward transitions and such, which is WAY nice. I am her "breaker" meaning that she just finished being trained and so I'm here to break her of all the bad habits her trainer taught her :) haha, but she doesn't have any and is already a pro teacher!

It's weird not knowing this area at all or the members after being in Queen Creek for so long. It really is great though, because being a missionary wherever you go, people love you.... and hate you! but it's all part of the experience. For all of you out there,  you should honk and wave when you see the missionaries. I can't even tell you how many times we are biking and for some reason or another that day is just particularly hard,  and then someone honks and waves at us and I am ALL better and I have a smile on my face!

This is the Lord's work and no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing :) Its great to see that at a time when the world is turning away from God and religion in general, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Christ's church Restored back to the earth,  still continues to press forward and more and more people are joining in to help.


my new address is 4776 E Guadalupe #2088 Gilbert, AZ 85234 (I LOVE letters and Packages :)

love you all so much
sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment