Thursday, March 1, 2012

Feb. 19, 2012

So it is def hot now and I'm scared to death because it's only FEB!!! Everyone is talking about how it's going to be a LONG summer because it's already so warm. my awkward tan lines are coming back strong :) My shoe, watch and shirt tan lines are looking great. I do love having a tanner face though. ha ha but i have a tan line on my face from my strap from my helmet.  ha ha pretty awesome if you ask me.
Okay so this week has been the week of miracles. So white washing into this new area has been really interesting. We have had to do some clean up from past missionaries but for the most part the members are excited and happy to have the change of sisters in their ward. Thursday was CRAZY! Heavenly Father just guided sister Doll and I throughout the whole day to be able to come in contact with the people that needed to hear from us.

We found a 14 year old named William. He had attended scouts a few times and was really excited for the opportunity to be able to learn more. We taught him on Thursday and is just great but I'm not sure if we are going to be able to teach him more, due to his parents. It's sad to hear that but at least he will be able to study on his own if they don't allow it.

We also found this guy named Herb. He claims that he is 70 but i don't believe him. He is awesome and has a lot of crazy views because of the way that he has grown up, but we taught him about the plan of salvation and it really opened up his mind to things that he never thought about before.

We also found this girl named Tiffany. She is from Maryland and actually got on Mormon.org and requested a Book of Mormon, so we gave her one and then taught her on Sat. She grew up with religion but after leaving her parents home, she hasn't been back and now she is searching for the right one for her. We also started teaching this guy named Kelly from Zambia Africa!

This week has been CRAZY and it just filled with miracles. I know that Heavenly Father has been guiding Sister Doll and I in the craziest routes so that we would KNOW that we are being led by Him. In 1 Nephi, when Lehi  and his family are traveling,  Heavenly Father protects them and gives then strange things to do, such as eating raw meat.  In the end He tells them that the only reason He had them do that was so they would know He was leading and protecting them! That is EXACTLY how i feel my mission has been and I am so grateful for it! Life is filled with doubts and hesitations, but i will Never doubt my testimony of Heavenly Father or of His son Jesus Christ.

This week was stake conference and we got a new stake presidency, so Elder Jensen and Elder Webb came to call a new presidency. They are AWESOME and their words of wisdom were exactly what I needed to hear. Elder Webb talked a lot about the when Christ said " Lovest thou me more then these"?(john 20:15). He talked about "These" and what are "These are"? I've thought a lot about what my "these are" and what I am putting before God. I have to admit that I have thought about giving up sometimes and coming home because at times it just seems easier, but i Know that I need to be here and that I have been called and set apart by the prophet of God to do His work and what a great work this is.

 i love that Zach said that his main goal everyday was to help someone or to make their day a little better and that is what i feel mine is too. A smile is sometimes the best thing for some people even if they don't want to listen to us. My goal is to never talk to someone and then leave them with either of us being frustrated, because that doesn't do any good to anyone. Keeping a smile on my face and just testifying of the truthfulness of the restored gospel is something that no one can argue with me,  because is know that it's true! Prayer Works and it is truly and blessing!  i love you all so very much
love,
sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment