Thursday, March 1, 2012

Feb. 27, 2012

This is a Tue a few weeks ago and we went to district meeting and right before we walked in I looked down and noticed that... I was def wearing two different shoes!!!  HAHA


This week has literally been the fastest week ever. I really do feel like i was just emailing you,  and i don't even know what happened to last week. Time flies when you are so busy.


So this week i do know that we have been biking like crazy and because of it I am TAN!  really though i am tanner then i usually am in July... and its FEBRUARY! I have to even wear sun screen if you can believe that ha ha! Arizona is a strange place.
So this week has been a rough week getting into lessons,  because either people are sick, having babies, or their parents don't want them to meet with us! It's okay though, and i know that things will work themselves out.

Yesterday at church was the very best and i heard my new favorite scripture in 2 Cor 12:9-10.
9."And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I Strong."

I swear, this scripture had to be written directly for me. This scripture helped me realize that weakness is OKAY! that i need to take pleasure in weakness, trials, and just hard times and REJOICE because that is an opportunity for me to be able to put my faith in the Lord and and to be able to see His guiding hand in my llife. THEN i will be strong. I talk to people daily who talk about how God couldn't be a loving Heavenly Father because there is so much bad in the world and that if he really did love us then everything would be happy all the time... not true. God loves us SOO much that he won't give us everything because then we wouldn't even be able to experience that happiness that comes from figuring things out for ourselves.

I love thinking about how things create THE NEED for each other. Trials create the need for God. Without trials we all think that we are good and that we have everything in this life under control.  He gives us trials so that we NEED Him and humble ourselves so we must pray to Him for help and guidance. I am so grateful for that!!!

ha ha so since we cover 4 wards I hear A LOT on Sundays, so this is another good analogy that i heard and love as well. so in Newton's laws of motion -Inertia- it states that an object in motion will remain in motion until it is acted upon by some other force. There are TONS of objects just waiting to throw our testimonies off course and to get us to not believe in God and his son Jesus Christ.  Soo we must continually be reading our scriptures, praying, and just building our testimonies so that we can continue in motion all the way towards eternal life with our Father in Heaven.

LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE- LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE!

Ilove you all so very much and so does our Heavenly Father!
love,
Sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment