Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012

"Queens of the Creek" tees

 
Sister Doll and I with Omar.

Hello Hello!
Mom, thank you SOOOO MUCH for the awesome shirts. They are seriously the
best ever and i love them so much.  I love the story about the shirts.  I don't know if you remember but when I read my call, I read "Arizona TEMPLE Mission" and it wasn't until Heather
said, "wait,  that says 'Tempe' not temple".  ha ha so its kinda funny to have a
shirt that says it.

And the verdict on transfers is....................... I'M GOING!!!!
Crazy! seriously I'm sad, excited, and just freaked out about where I'm
going and who my next companion is going to be! I have lived in Queen
Creek for the past 9 months and I cant even imagine leaving- mom I
have MANY boxes for you that I'm giving to bonnie- I have too much
stuff and I really don't know how I'm going to be able to pack it all.
Thank goodness though,  it's not like college where I had to pack
bedroom and kitchen stuff as well! Ughhh, that's the worst.

This week has been such a great week though! Omar got BAPTIZED!!!!
We have been teaching him since Nov. and he is the one that was looking for the 100%
answer. Well... he never had a huge answer that was earth-shaking, but
after looking back at the changes the gospel made in his life so far and
thinking about where he wanted to be in the future,  he knew this
was the right decision! His parents and sister came all the
way from Texas to support him in this huge decision he was making.
To thank them,  he stood up and talked about his life growing up and
great memories that he had with each one of them. It was so
touching and of course, I was bawling like a little baby. It was so
cute too, because he got baptized on St.Patty's Day, so he bought a whole
bunch on clover pins for everyone who attended.

We had Easter Pageant training on Sat. and never have I been more proud
to be serving in the Arizona Tempe Mission under President Howes! We
combined with the Mesa Mission and their president is great too,
BUT President Howes is hardcore!! He is just such a powerful speaker
and I NEEDED him to be my president. There again, Revelation, is such a
beautiful thing!

We had such a great lesson with Kelly this week. We talked about
real intent and how he can know if the Book of Mormon is true by
Sincerely praying about it! Think about it... this is Christ's Church!
He would want us to know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God
and Another testament of Jesus Christ, as well as anything else pertaining
to our salvation, such as baptism. Heavenly Father answers our prayers
and I have such a testimony about that, and that by the power of the Holy
Ghost, we can know the truth of ALL things.

Lori and Jay came to church this Sunday and it was just Fantastic! The
spirit is so strong at church and we can always feel God's love for us
while being there.
Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 26:23-25:

23. " For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God
worketh not in darkness.
24.  He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world;
for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that
he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they
shall not partake of his salvation.
25. Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I
say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the
earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price."

WOW! this scripture is SUPER powerful! come unto Christ and partake of
ALL that he has given us. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life.
I love you all so much,

Love,
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment