Sunday, April 10, 2011

March 31, 2011 - First letter mailed to home

Hello Family!
I made it safe and I'm adjusting slowly, but surely.  My MTC President, President Brown, told us all that we should write our families and tell them that we are safe.  Okay, so my companions are Sister Howard from Austrailia who is going to Boise and Sister Banks who is going to Seattle.  They are just great.  We get along great and I feel super blessed to be with them.  I am in a District with 4 other Elders, 2 of whom are going to Tempe with me and the 2 others are going to Seattle.  The first day we were all really quiet but today (the 2nd day) we are already  way comfortable with each other. 
Wed. night we did this role-playing where we rotated with 3 teachers and tried to get them to accept baptism as a group.  I was freaking out and definately didn't want to say a word.  Today we did the same thing, but I actually spoke and it was amazing!  Even though I knew that the person was a member, I totally felt the Spirit speak through me as I told him about the gospel.  It is amazing here, a little overwhelming at first, but totally awesome!
The sleeping situation kinda stinks, because I sleep on the top bunk and Sister Banks sleeps under me and she snores.  So I woke up a few times, but I'm just hoping that soon I will be so tired that it won't phase me anymore.  I miss you all dearly and love you all!Love, Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment