Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April 13, 2011

I have been in the MTC for 2 WEEKS! sooo crazy! This time next week I’ll
be having personal study somewhere in ARIZONA! Omg im just so excited to get
out there. Ohh and mom and dad just so you know i will be getting on
my plane at 9:50 tue morning to fly to Arizona and i get to call home
before so MOM KEEP YOUR PHONE CLOSE. your number is the only one i know so if you dont answer that wouldnt be good. So far some cool
things that happened this week. Well i met one of Taylor's old companions,
Brother Lee. He works at the mtc and i saw him and immediatly knew who he was from some of taylors pics so i talked to him and sure enough it was him. great guy. This week my companions and i finally committed Josh (fake investigator but it feels real) to baptism and we set adate. It was the most exciting thing ever and the spirit was so strong! Going to the temple when you're a missionairy is the coolest experience. I LOVE IT! getting to go to the temple each week is the best thing ever and it helps me so much. In the temple there are no worries, just comfort and thats def very helpful to me. So it's way funny and as many of you have probably guessed... thanks to my mom i inherited her fast walking skills and so at first i dont think my companions liked it very much but now they have grow to love it. Thankfully for me it says in the white handbook to "walk with a purpose" so i am always reminding them of that.

So this Sunday was my first real sunday thanks to last weeks general conference and it was just great! Before each sunday everyone in my branch is given a topic and we all must write a 5 min talk and during sacrament the branch president calls on 2 people to give theres. Well since i was already signed up to give the closing prayer and sing with my district for the musical number I thought I was in the clear but of course i was wrong! i gave my talk and it was great.  yesterday Ronald A Rasband who is in the 70 presidency came and talked with us on how we can keep the Holy Ghost as our constant companion in the mission and it was awesome!
TAYLOR AND GRANT- please tell me you got my letters before you left Rexburg, i promise i did write you both back but i just couldnt until Wed. I love you both
COURTNEY- i love it that you stalk my blog and you just do it all you want. i love you

Well i love you all and thanks so much for all the letters. the mtc is amazing but im ready to get to arizona. its gunna be way sad saying goodbye to my companions and my district but it is for the best. Im happy and i love every second of this place. This is where im supposed to be and i know that without a doubt. in relief society there was a quote given that said " Your mission is going to be the MTC for the rest of your LIFE" I def know that to be true and im so thankful for it. Love you all and keep the letters coming.
 

Love Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment