Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 14, 2012

Hello Hello

It was so good to see my family on Skype yesterday, minus Taylor, Crystal and Kass. I have a new determination to lose weight because EVERYONE has lost weight since I left home, which is good for them, but not so good for me! haha It kinda feels like a dream, like it wasn't real life for me to have been able to talk to you. I loved it though!. It was so cute when Lindsay and Lauren called me :) I'm glad i was able to talk to them. I cant believe how well they are doing with their Personal Progress.

So last night was so cool!   Rene and Carrie, who are Paco and Jaquelin's neighbors that we haven't been able to contact... well we saw them last night. We were walking through their street and saw their light on,  so we decided to knock and they were very happy to see us. We came inside and talked with them a bit, and then Rene said " You know girls, I have to be completely honest with you ( at this point I was freaking out because I thought he was going to tell us they didn't want to meet with us anymore) and tell you that it is such a blessing you stopped by tonight when you did,  Carrie has been having the worst day! We then found out that Carrie's mom passed 5 years ago and Mother's Day is her most hated day! We were able to teach her about the Spirit World and about temples and the amazing work that can be done there to help our families be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!  I just love the Spirit because it is so powerful and bears witness to these sacred truths. So in all it was a wonderful day :)


I'll share an awesome scripture that really hit me this morning:
    "And I have a work for thee [Sister Martin] my [daughter] and thou art in the similitude of mine    Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth..." Moses 1:6  We are ALL literal sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father and He loves us so very much :) What a blessing it is to know this truth!

This week we had to switch apartments with the Elder's, because our apartment was pretty big.  They put 4 Elders together where we used to live and now we live in one of the Elder's apartment. The other apartment they closed because it is saving the church money.  The Elders lived in that apartment for 10 YEARS!!!! Ya, so you can imagine what it looked like!!! Thankfully, our housing coordinator loves us so she filled in ALL the holes ...there were many... and repainted it,  which helped out a lot! After some DEEP cleaning, it is now starting to smell okay. Thank goodness.

My address has changed and I live at the same apartment complex,  but in apt 1036.
WRITE ME THERE :)

I love you all to pieces!

Much love,
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment