Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 10, 2012

                                          Sister's service day with Sister Doll and below with Sister Adams!!
                                            I love her and lived with her in Queen Creek for 2 transfers!

hello hello
I'M STAYING IN SKYLINE!!!
Woohooo and sister price and are both staying our together. Price has been here for 5 months so I thought she might get transferred, but we are safe and sooo excited to stay here together.

We had some sad news this week... because Lili is Chinese, and in their culture, when someone has a baby they stay home -literally don't leave their home- for a month! So Lili's sister just had a baby and  lives in Kentucky. When she got the call that her sister had her baby (premature), she called us and said she would be gone for a month and then she was off a couple hours later!  I guess that means she won't be here for her baptism on the 16th... super sad! It's okay though, because she will be back soon enough!

BUT sooo we have met some AMAZING people this last week. We met this lady named Ina in the apartments who just recently moved here from Ohio,  We told her about the Book of Mormon and what a blessing it is because so much has been taken out of the Bible,  She was like a moth to a light! She was so excited to learn and after we gave her a Book of Mormon she said, "Okay so where do we go from here" haha best question ever! Now we are meeting with her and, hopefully, her two daughters on Thursday :)

Also, randomly, we got a call from this guy named RJ, who's wife is a member, and he wants to learn!  FASTING WORKS!!!

Sister Price and I really do work so hard, but we have yet to have a baptism together!!!  THIS IS OUR TRANSFER! This is our "harvesting transfer", and I'm just so glad that we get to be together for a longer time. She is the nicest person ever and people just can't help feel the spirit around her!  Plus I have A LOT more to learn from her! She has some rough situations back home and she just presses forward like nothing is wrong. Heavenly Father loves us sooo much and has blessed me on my mission with amazing companions and amazing once- in- a -lifetime experiences that have shaped me into the person that I am now!

I love this quote that was in this last conference from Neil L Andersen:
"Discipleship is not a competition at all, but an invitation to all. Our journey of discipleship is not a dash around the track, nor is it fully comparable to a lengthy marathon. In truth, it is a lifelong marathon toward a more Celestial World. His invitation is a call to DAILY DUTY."

We all have so much to do everyday so don't waste a minute.  Even after my mission I know that it's not the end! I have taught SOOO many inactive return missionaries and that is the VERY WORST! We must Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ with a perfect brightness of hope, feasting on the words of Christ!  2 nephi 31:20


                              English Sisters                         


I love love you all so very much,
Love,
Sister Martin


Ha Ha, I just liked the rug!

I love you Mom!
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment