Monday, June 27, 2011

Mon. June 27, 2011

 Hello everyone,
okay so good news... WE GOT LONER BIKES!  they are great and i'm super grateful for them but i miss my bike.  we are praying daily to find them, so hopefully they will show up!

 Omg so sooo funny (dad you might want to close your ears) Sister White got hit by a car this week and barely escaped a bad injury. The driver wasn't looking and we didn't realize it until we were directly in front of the car. i saw that the man wasnt stopping and  screamed really loud and peddled as fast as i could. sister white was just confused by why i was screaming and then... WAM she was down. thankfully the person stopped and she wasnt hurt too bad. she had a few scrapes and a bruise. She popped up pretty fast and there was even a doctor driving by who stopped to help. the Lord is def protecting usWe will be more careful from now on.

So way funny! Were teaching this girl who is a spiritual healer as a profession, so lessons with her are way interesting and she asks the best questions ever.  we taught her on thur. and all of a sudden she just started crying... obviously i thought she was feeling the spirit so i asked her to tell us what she was thinking about and she told me that she was reading my aura!! so pretty much after that i was kinda freaked out that she was reading my thoughts and was looking into my past. I dont think my aura is bad so I’m curious to what she was seeing HAHA! 

Sooo this week was kinda hard at first because lately we have been loosing some investigators.  all week we have been praying to find  new ones and then Nancy literally fell from the sky! haha well not really, she referred herself to us tho and was searching for us! CRAZY! okay so she met sister missionaries 3 years ago but just wasnt in a good place in her life to accept the gospel.  she could feel the spirit that the sisters brought with them and remembered them all these years and now she is ready! we met with her for the first time on sat. and she pretty much set her own baptism date for the 24th.  we are super excited and she is so prepared it's crazy! she is reading through the book of Mormon like crazy and she is praying and progressing like a champ! people like her a def a tender mercy from the Lord!


I LOVE THIS GOSPEL! sister white and I are so blessed and I love being a missionary. it's the best thing ever to be able to teach people about the gospel and literally see their lives change as they live the commandments. Mosiah 2:41 - "the blessed and happy state by those that keep the commandments of God".  I have never been more happy in my life and i know it's only because i dont think about myself anymore and all I do is try to help others. I never want this to end! Home sounds fun and all the wedding plans are exciting but pictures are all I need! haha

i love you all and try to stay cool out there. it's supposed to be 114 today so its pretty brutal here. I’ve never drank so much water in my life!

love sister martin


1 comment:

  1. Emily, I don't even know if you read these comments, but I found your blog and I'm so glad! You're serving in my state! What city are you in?
    -Jessica Patterson

    ReplyDelete