Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 2, 2011

HEY
THERE!
 So
the high of this week was 96 degrees and this week it should be up in the
100's!! its hot but i love it! my tan lines are pretty sweet too. My leg's tan
line isnt too bad but the one on my arms and feet is soo funny. i don't know
what it is but i have horrible tan lines, I wear a helmet, and usually my
shirts are black on the back because they get junk from my tire and still I've
never had more compliments or been whistled at more in my life! haha its
sometimes scary, but for the most part my companion and i just laugh.
I love my companion and its way funny, but she and i together can pretty much
quote Emperors New Groove. We love being Jesus freaks and i love the looks i
get when i come up to people at 8:45 at night when they are carrying alcohol in
their hand and ask them if they would like a message on Jesus Christ. this work
is awesome and is very awkward at times but its just the greatest. the awkward
moments make my day.
my comp and i love our bikes and so we are on them all day. this week the most we
rode was 23 miles in a day and the lowest was 15. sister white has a
speedometer thing on her bike that keeps track of our miles.

Okay so yey we got ashley on date for baptism this week. she will be getting
baptized on May 14th. ashley is 22 and has a 3 year old son. she is just
amazing and i love her. Also we have been teaching this 18 year old named dani
and she wants to be baptized as well,  but she is  waiting for her
dad's approval. she should know if its a yes or a no by today, so keep her in
your prayers.
We have amazing investigators that have so much faith. It's hard to find people
but that work is progressing and its awesome. the Lord is preparing people and
so we make sure to talk to everyone that we see, that's another reason why we
love biking so much because we can triple the amount of people that we can talk
to by just riding our bikes. We are teaching a Muslim, many Catholics, Baptists
and people that have never been to church at all. I love this work and i love
being here. Arizona is so beautiful and all the trees are just filled with
lemons, oranges, grapefruit, and many many more.
i love you all so much- help your missionaries. its so crucial that they have the
ward's help in every way or its hard for the work to progress. its also crucial
that members attend the lessons!
I love you all

love sister martin

No comments:

Post a Comment